Wednesday 14 March 2012

Wait a MINUTE!

Whoohooo! It's Wednesday, that means were halfway & closer to the weekend!! Today I am taking a little trip out for the day to Leeds for a spot of shopping & research whilst my other half takes an exam!! 

Before I go out though I thought I'd share a card I have made using some new crafting goodies I bought at the weekend ...




For this card I used another Retro Sketch for my card LO, you can see this weeks sketch HERE & below.





I started by stamping the cog image all over my card base using some yummy Versamark Dazzle Frost ink. It has a lovely frosty shimmer & is a NEW ink to my collection! I then used the PTI's Wine Bottle die to cut a piece of white card stock that I had pre-stamped with the cog image in white pigment ink. 

I then over stamped the 3 circles from the 'Time' stamp set & you get this cool velvet type effect. I followed a technique I had seen HERE over on Hero Arts. I used some NEW to me ink pads for the circles which is Ranger Archival Ink in Aquamarine (available to buy at The Stamp Attic) and Watermelon to stamp the clock face.

I am addicted to making lovely rosettes out of all kinds of patterned paper using my new Memory Box Rosette die! On this card I used a scrap of PTI's distressed dots paper. A simple button finishes it off!

In the photo below you can see the shimmer of the Versamark Dazzle Frost & the velvet technique along with the dimension of the rosette.




Ok, so thats all from me today but I will be back again tomorrow with another project!! 

Just if you were wondering both the TIME & EXTRA TIME stamp sets are back in stock on the website HERE!! 

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Your two sets are so incredibly versatile. Thanks for sharing all your inspiring cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that rosette Beverly and the way you tied it into the clock theme! Very clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverly, I absolutely LOVE this card. The colours are fantastic, and that rosette is gorgeous!!
    Thanks for joining us at Retrosketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Congrats on your shout out over at Retro Sketches, that little rosette was well worth using!! I also need some of that Versamark Dazzle Frost now lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beverley - this is so gorgeous! Congrats!!! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards before! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated