Sunday 10 May 2015

Introducing... Nautical Treasures

Hey!

I'm super happy you have popped by the blog today & thank you for all your lovely comments and joining in on the fun yesterday :)

Today myself and the awesome DT are introducing the second of the two mini sets being released this month. All of the sets being released will be available HERE on May 11th at 9am GMT.

This is the little sneak peek of the set incase you missed it the other day...




Now this set has a little bit of 'history' behind it! I originally designed it way back when I was studying for my degree at Cleveland College of Art & Design. It was inspired by the Tall Ships that came to Hartlepool in the Summer of 2010.

I thought I would share my original drawing sheet from when I was working on the project...




Now I have waffled on for far too long reminiscing, I will share a few projects using this set. This first card is one of the 4 masculine boat themed cards that were in the class kit at The Paperlane on Saturday.




I used the current Freshly Made Sketches layout seen HERE and below for the basis of my card. I kept the colour and fuss minimal and I am pleased with the result.




My next card has a little more detail and is an original card design I created when I did my project. The original stamp designs were a little rough around the edges as at that time I was only just learning Adobe Illustrator, now I am a little more proficient with the design package (but by no means an expert), it brought a smile to my face the first time I stamped this boat! 




Ok, that's all from me today, but how about some inspiration from the FABulous Design Team, I know they will leave you feeling inspired about this set!



CLICK HERE to see more from Deborah



CLICK HERE to see more from Sandie



CLICK HERE to see more from Sarah G



CLICK HERE to see more from Sarah P


It's just a small release this month, so that's all for today, but the DT and I will be back again tomorrow with the FULL reveal, release & a GIVEAWAY! I do hope I will see you tomorrow?! I will also be announcing the Mystery Prize Winners ;)

Sneak Peeks 7th & 8th May These little teasers give you hints at what is in store!

Introducing... 9th  - 10th May - Here you'll get to see the soon to be released products in action. The design team and guest designers will be joining in on the introductions and you won't want to miss a second!

Release Day! Monday 11th May you will get to see all the products in their entirety and purchase them HERE on the website! As tradition holds there will be  a Design Team Blog Hop with a chance for a lucky person to win the ENTIRE release & a little extra! 

Now, you won't want to miss out on any of the fun from the 7th - 10th May as I will be drawing totally random winners for mystery prizes. I'm not giving any hints as to the prizes or their value, you'll just have to join in on the fun!

Places to join in on the fun & possibly win a prize are by commenting along the way on the Uniko Studio Blog, DT & Guest Design Team Blogs, liking the Uniko Studio Facebook Page, following on Twitter and Pinterest! 

Hope to see you tomorrow for more & thank you for stopping by today :)





21 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness, I just LOVE your designs and the talented cards you produce, you really are super clever and I've become a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great stamp set - interesting to find out where you got your inspiration from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Bev and love seeing where the inspiration for the boat came from. You are so clever. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards to showcase this wonderful set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev - I think your cards are just fabulous. It was super to see your original drawing sheet for the set. I remember when the Tall ships came to Liverpool too - I can see why they inspired you. Love this set xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab cards and great to see the original designs

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very interesting to see your original drawing sheet. Wish now that I had had the opportunity to study art when I was younger. Never mind, I really enjoy trying out all the arty cardmaking techniques that come along. Two great new sets Bev and the DT cards are really inspirational! Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so interesting to see where your original ideas for this set came from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't seem to find Deborah's card for this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is the link...http://debsgems.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/uniko-studio-nautical-treasure.html

      Delete
  10. Love the masculine boat set! It's so different. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your nautical-themed set's history! It's always fascinating to see the artist's mind at work and your results: only amazing! Your showcase card have me wishing I could see sail boats on a daily basis...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful new set & love your cards, Bev--especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love all your cars, and the boat idea is perfect for Father's Day! Great color and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stamps for the boys. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your cards. Interesting to learn where the boat idea originated. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome sample cards! Love the paper pieced sails idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards. Love that you shared the history of your design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm always in awe of people's ability to draw. This looks incredible and what a wonderful, intricate stamp it will be. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the look of the boat, great for the masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of these cards are fabulous! I love the clean, sketched look of the stamps and your cards. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated