Monday 27 June 2016

Colour Makes Me Happy!

Hey!

Happy Monday to you all, I do hope your week has got off to a good start?

My Monday has been the usual, playgroups and fun with the beans. Though they are currently playing up in their cots instead of going to sleep and they know mummy isn't happy and so are doing it all the more. Always happens when daddy out too, to watch the football, England are playing tonight and as it stands are currently loosing!

Anyway, you don't come by for the waffle, it certainly helps me to get things off my chest so thank you for putting up with it! How about a little colour creation...




Colour sure makes me happy and making this card tonight helped me keep calm (a little). I recently splurged on some new Clarity Stencils Brushes as I have heard and read so many great reviews and things about them. They are quite pricey at £20 for 4 brushes, but so far I am impressed with their ease of use and ink application.



I used a trio of Mini Distress Inks (listed below in supplies used) to create a ink blended panel, on which I then stamped and heat embossed the butterfly from English Country Garden - Butterflies. The background circle of distress polka dots was created using a die cut circle mask, Hero Arts ombre ink and a SU! stamp. 

The layout of my card was based on THIS challenge sketch by Freshly Made Sketches, which I am too late to link up to this week. 

As I have used a rainbow of colours I am linking my card up to Virgina's View Challenge HERE and inspiration seen below. I think this is my first time entering a challenge here even though I have wanted to in which seems like forever! 




That's all from me tonight, I have a few jobs in the studio to catch up on! I will be back again tomorrow (fingers crossed) and with this weeks Stamp Of The Week over HERE on the website blog. Until then, thank you so much for coming by today.


Supplies:

Ink: Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry. Hero Arts Ombre Ink Butter - Orange. VersaFine Onyx Black. VersaMark. SU! Going Grey.
Cardstock: SU! Thick Whisper White. 
Accessories: SU! It's My Party Candy Dots, Detail White Embossing Powder. Wink Of Stella

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Bev.....gorgeous butterfly and a great design...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! The butterfly is so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this gorgeous design! Beautiful colors. Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too (referring to the title of your post)! And I love your gorgeous butterfly with the cool background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colorful butterfly is such a pretty take on the moodboard! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous butterfly. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty rainbow butterfly. I'm also happy I decided to buy these Clarity stencil brushes a few weeks ago. The first results are very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these vibrant colours and your usual fabulous CAS style, Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally enraptured by your gorgeous butterfly! Swooning!!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Bev. Love butterflies & color make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well hello color! This card makes me happy. Brilliant use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Uniko butterfly is one of my faves, Bev ... and you've certainly made it shine here ... it's so gorgeous in those splendid ombré hues! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card & fabulous colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your colorful butterfly!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated