Tuesday 2 May 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #221

Hey!

Another month and week has passed and another CAS Colours & Sketches challenge is upon us! This month and next month is mix hostess month, where each DT member will host just one challenge.  This week is Samantha's turn and she has this wonderful colour combination HERE and seen below to inspire you...



And this is how I decided to use it...




This colour combo is definitely a favourite, but I still seemed to struggle a little. I think it was a time issue! With going away over night at the weekend and arriving back so exhausted after a fun family trip away my mind wasn't on crafting or creating. 

Anyway, I decided to ink up Flower Power #3 which has recently come back in stock. I simply stamped the solid bloom in Melon Mambo and fussy cut it out. I then stamped the stem in the closest green I have to Wild Wasabi and then adhered the bloom before die cutting the stitched oval frame. 





I rarely use ovals on my cards as they throw me astray from my comfort zone! But I decided to use one all the same and mounted it using foam adhesive onto a layered card base which I rounded off one corner to keep in with the curves of the oval. I added a few enamel dots to finish the card off.

I hope that I have inspired you to play along this week and if you need a little more inspiration, be sure to head on over to the CAS Colours & Sketches blog HERE to see what the amazing Design Team and Guest Designer have created using the colours.

I look forward to seeing you in the gallery & have fun!
Hugs


6 comments:

  1. So cute, Beverly. Your design is so beautifully simple that one rounded corner just pops!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and wonderfully CAS! I like the one rounded corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card and great use of the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love this perfectly CAS and so beautiful card! I think that is one of my favourite flowers too. xx So pleased to be joining you all this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card and a perfect CAS as Deborah has already said. xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated