Wednesday 25 October 2017

Halloween Wreath...Challenge Reminder and Casing a Uniko Studio Designer

Hello,

Carol here popping in to remind you that a) Uniko Studios Challenge #43~Fall/Autumn


is still open for a few more days and b) the challenge also offers the optional twist of Halloween which opens doors for so many more possibilities.  The 'optional twist' is my theme for today's post...

With Halloween but a few days away, I decided to create yet one more Halloween card that doesn't include any 'spooky' creatures (okay, maybe one).  Curious?  I hope so!

My starting point was team-mate Sarah's wonderful inspiration card where she transformed a Christmas wreath set into a lovely Autumn card through the use of a fall palette.


Taking my lead from her, I wondered if something similar could be created using a Halloween palette.  *PING* moment!  I used the same Rustic Wreath base as Sarah did, paired it with a variety of images from Flower Power #1 and Background Builders: Seeing Stars, added a 'happy' from Simply Said Blocks and Halloween/wee pumpkins from my stash.  I placed the panel on a piece of shimmery bat designer paper, added the 'must have' spider *grin*...and ta dahhhh!


Same card, just a different pose...


With a change in sentiment - or the addition of 'birthday' - this could easily become a card for someone celebrating an October 31st birthday.

Hope you enjoyed my card, showcasing how delightfully flexible and versatile Uniko products can be!

Looking forward to visiting you in the gallery here!

8 comments:

  1. How fun! I don't do Halloween, but this is a really fun twist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Love* your Halloween wreath! Awesome card... what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous and unique idea Carol. A wonderful example of how Uniko products can be used all year round. Thank you for this inspiration & reminder. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the little spider and the gorgeous colours and fabulous stamping! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Carol ! Love your wreath with all these Halloween details and colours ! A fabulous showcase of the versatility of the Uniko's products and an amazing CASE of Sarah's card ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a good idea ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That wreath stamp is my most favourite ever and I love how you've taken it to a whole new level with your Halloween card. And you know me I'm a sucker for purple too! Spooktacular Carol! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! I've only just spotted you CASED my card Carol. I feel totally honoured that you thought it worthy of a CASE and loving your Halloween twist on it. Gorgeous rich colour combos and showing another versatile style for the rustic wreath. x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated